Shaxi hotels in Old Town
The Old Theatre Inn is the #1 rated hotel on TripAdvisor for Jianchuan County for the 5th year in a row. But there are other hotels we recommend, located in the Old Town for those who don’t mind a more touristy Chinese atmosphere.
Some other recommended Shaxi hotels include:
- Horsepen 46 – a popular youth hostel and part of the International Youth Hostel association. Just off Si Deng Square.
- Tea and Horse Caravan Inn – simple rooms in a courtyard arrangement, close to Old Town. A step above backpacker accommodation.
- Laomadian – the most expensive hotel in Shaxi, nice location off the Square, nice dessert in their restaurant
- 58 Yard – a favorite for young Chinese travelers, limited choices, very basic rooms
- Cato’s Inn – another town inn popular with young Chinese backpackers and students
- Landscape Hotel – coming in late-2016, this Chinese-owned chain hotel is popular with China’s new rich and their families
For those interested in knowing more about availability in some other Shaxi hotels, Old Theatre Inn is happy to make inquiries on your behalf. We never charge any commission for our travel assistance services.